Shaping positive corporate image; building authoritative brand recognition.
User associations are formed: the company is believed to be trustworthy; if I need certain products I will do business with this company.
How is trust in the Internet shaped?
- People do not particularly trust a web-site; but they may trust comments and recommendations of other people. More recommendations and positive feedback, more authoritative the company looks.
- A person finds something useful on a web-site; comments, articles, recommendations and other information, shared on the Internet in the name of a company and its employees, sounds valid and competently presents useful information.
- Visual images representing a company’s friendly staff. Human factor plays an important role – people are trustworthy, not images of products. Employees represent the link between products and customers.
- It’s important to create staff positive image: competent, friendly, professional.
Strategy of shaping corporate image
- Think over your company positioning, what kind of image you’d like to convey congruet with your company’s distinctive features and advantages.
- Express it in a clear slogan.
- List the resources you are going to use for shaping your corporate image.
- Develop all necessary materials: articles, videos, photos.
- Put together a plan, break up into stages (it’s impossible to do everything at once).
- Follow the users’ feedback; respond to all comments, questions, criticism and acknowledgements.
What materials are needed to shape positive corporate image?
- Articles about the company: occupation, development history, shipments, plans, mission, employees, management, sponsorships, trends in industry development.
- Company reviews from a partners viewpoint. The reviews should mention: products’ quality, employee’s competency, broad assortment, obtainable price and everything dealing with your occupation.
- Banners displaying logo, products, staff alongside with relevant messages.
- Video of: products, office premises, staff, management interview, customer interview.
- Photos of: products, office premises, staff, customers.
Resources for shaping brand recognition
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube; using Like and Share buttons.
- Personal Blog.
- Article directories.
- Press Release directories.
- Relevant subject forums and blogs.